The game has been a popular e-sport for years, and it has been the most played competitive game on the planet for the past few years.
League of Legends is a multiplayer online battle arena video game developed and published by Riot Games for Microsoft Windows and Mac OS X. The game follows a freemium model, with optional microtransactions as some in-game items can be purchased to enhance gameplay.
League of Legends – Iconic Moments in eSports
The popularity of League of Legends has led it to become one of the most widely watched games in the world, with viewership numbers exceeding that of traditional sports events such as football or basketball tournaments.
Pros & Cons of Playing League of Legends
League of Legends is one of the most popular online multiplayer games. It’s also one of the most profitable games in the market.
Pros for League of Legends:
- League is easy to learn and play, so it’s a great game for beginners
- League offers a wide variety of champions to choose from, which means there is always something new to learn and master
- League has an active player base, so you can find people to play with at any time and in any location
- League has a lot of replay value because there are always new champions being released, champion reworks happen regularly, and the meta changes frequently.
- There are also lots of tournaments that offer cash prizes every month.
Cons for League:
- The game takes up a lot of time because it’s not a one-time purchase.
- The game has high system requirements. , meaning it can be a hassle to play on anything other than powerful computers
- League has many technical issues that occasionally make the game unplayable for some people.
- League requires you to spend money in order to compete, which leads some players to feel like they have less value because of their financial investment.
How League of Legends Became a Successful E-Sports Game
League of Legends is one of the most popular e-sports games in the world. In 2011, it was released and quickly became a top PC game. It first started as a free game to play but later on, it was made available for purchase. Including tools such as what is my MMR checker.
The game’s success is due to its strategic gameplay that allows players to develop their own playstyle and strategies. Today, there are more than 100 million people playing League of Legends worldwide with more than 67 million active monthly players.
eSports: Competitive vs Non-competitive Games
eSports is a competitive video game, typically played competitively online or in organized offline events. The distinction between competitive and non-competitive games is often blurred but a competitive game requires a certain level of skill and often rewards victory with some sort of prize.
The first major commercial success was Starcraft: Brood War in 1998. While this series has been largely superseded by its sequel, Starcraft II, the genre continues to grow in popularity and is expanding into new regions such as mobile gaming. Early games in the genre were typically real-time, whereas more recent games such as Starcraft II and League of Legends are turn-based.